Safety Leadership Training
One of the five key focus areas of the SST is training. Research shows that first line supervisors have the greatest influence on their direct reports in regards to engagement and motivation. Engaged employees work safer and produce higher quality work.
The SST Training subcommittee researched best practices from other utilities and contractors with regard to safety training and leadership training then developed the Safety Leadership Training for First Line Supervisors and Foremen.
To provide more flexibility and options to our contractors around class availability and location, the SST Training Subcommittee has worked with Bevill State Community College to develop a schedule of regional initial and recertification training classes for 2020. These classes will be filled on a first-come first-serve basis. Click on the link below to see the schedule.
- Safety Accountability
- Foundations of Safety Leadership
- Leadership Principles
- Motivational Skills
- Conflict and Dispute Resolution
- Communication Skills
- Human Performance
- Job Safety Briefing (JSB)
- Hazard Recognition and Control
- Planning and Scheduling
- Material Handling and Site Planning
- Incident Management
To schedule your training, click on the Safety Leadership Training FAQ
To provide more flexibility and options to our contractors around class availability and location, the SST Training Subcommittee has worked with Bevill State Community College to develop a schedule of regional initial and recertification training classes for 2021. These classes will be filled on a first-come first-serve basis. Click on a link below to see a schedule for 2021.
Below are the current requirements for attending a regional class.
For the foreseeable future, those attending training should expect the following:
- Temperature scan before entering
- Attendees will have to sign a form stating they are not sick
- Liability form- attendees will have to sign a form releasing the state from any liability if they were to contract COVID-19 (this is because Bevill employees are state employees)
- Each session will be limited to 15 attendees in order to comply with 6 feet social distancing
- Instructor will be wearing a mask and attendees are
expected to do the same
- 2021 SST Regional 'Initial 16-Hour Safety Leadership Training' Class Schedule
- 2021 SST Regional 'Recertification 8-Hour Safety Leadership Training' Class Schedule
If you have questions or would like to schedule training, please review the FAQ document at the link below: